We’ve been working hard, in line with the COVID-19 Industry Standard to put measures in place in all areas of the Farm Park and “WE’RE GOOD TO GO!”.
We’re helping to define the standard for the Farm Attraction industry as part of the National Farm Attractions Network board. NFAN is our industry body, which strives for excellence in hygiene and the best possible visitor experience long before COVID-19, and will continue to long after it as well.
There are a number of measures which we have put in place, and we will continue to adapt to government and industry advice, as well as visitor feedback on what you would like to see happening.
Before visiting the farm, here’s some pieces of information we think you should know 🙂
Before arriving at the Farm
- It’s ONLINE BOOKING ONLY. So make sure to book your Tickets in advance HERE
- Our Opening Times have changed. To begin with, we will remain closed on Wednesdays & Thursdays. This will give us extra time to ensure extra deep cleaning can happen, and allows us the opportunity to implement/improve measures as we go along.
- If it’s your first time coming, make sure you have directions. We have a limited team upon reopening so at busy times may not be able to answer phones
- We would recommend bringing Hand Sanitiser for using Before you enter the building and After you exit. We provide multiple hand wash and sanitiser facilities throughout the park, but this is a good practice measure to reduce likelihood of transmission. Hand Sanitiser should not be used instead of good hand washing practices.
- Come prepared for Scottish weather – Wellies and a waterproof layer are always a good idea in Scotland!
When you arrive
- Have your Booking ready – email confirmation on your phone is fine.
- Head to the Entrance Desk – Social Distancing measures apply here. One family at a time in the Entrance area, please wait outside the door to be called forward. Perspex screens are in place & staff in PPE.
- Wrist Bands on – Due to the increased security surrounding COVID-19, all visitors MUST wear a wristband. This will be given to you at the front desk and MUST BE WORN, no exceptions (children under 3 may have theirs worn by their guardian). This is your proof of entry, and re-entry will not be permitted without it.
- Head straight outside – Until the 15th of July indoor spaces will remain closed for everything but admission. There’s a world to explore in the park, let’s go find it!
When you’re in the Park
- Follow social distancing. 2m distance is still the recommended distance from anyone outwith your household. 2 metres – that’s roughly Three Pygmy Goats (nose to tail), Two Sheep (nose to tail), or one fully grown Highland Cow with room to swing it’s horns!
- No petting the animals. For now, for your safety, government advice is to avoid petting animals in public spaces. Trust me, the animals will be more gutted than you! Please continue to wash your hands when leaving all animal areas.
- Be mindful of others. Many people have been shielding and haven’t left their houses at all during lockdown, and some are still scared. For lots of visitors this could be one of their first trips away from the home in months. Our Team are excited to be able to come back to work, but it is a steep learning curve to get things going again. For everyone, please be kind, be safe, be patient.
- Toilets – All toilets within the outdoor areas have been adapted to be individual unisex toilets, no cubicles. Sanitiser is provided as an extra precaution, hand wash facilities are available in all toilets. If toilets are in use, please wait outside until one becomes free. Toilets will be checked and cleaned regularly.
- HAVE FUN! We world has felt a little too serious lately. We want everyone to follow good practice, but most of all we want everyone to HAVE FUN! Make memories and enjoy the lighter part of life!
When leaving the park
- Wash your hands before you go! You know the drill! (Happy birthday to…)
- Please leave via the green gates, directly into the car park. Do not re-enter the main building.
- If you require re-entry (i.e. you were fetching jackets and wellies from the car), please head back to the Entrance Desk (if there is a queue, please join the queue. There is no queue jump facility) and show them your wristband to be granted re-entry.
And of course…
COME BACK SOON!
We are so excited to be back and we can’t wait to welcome you!