UPDATE 17/09/2020 – INDOOR PLAY
Due to recent Scottish Government announcements we are unable to open Indoor Play until at least the 5th of October, when it will be reviewed.
Everything else is open. This includes:
- Café – Distanced seating, full hot food & drink menu, kids menu, overflow seating, Test & Protect info taken.
- Kiosk – Outdoor stand serving Ice Cream, Hot & Cold Drinks, Crisps, Sweets, and more! Get your Mini Golf clubs here.
- Adventure Playground – HUGE Sand Pit, real tractors, digger and combine harvester, Bouncy Pillows and Castle, pedal go-karts, mini golf and more!
- Wee Beasties Shed – Newly extended, indoors, one-way system. Full of Reptiles, Cockatoos (Bailey & Smeagol), Spiders, Amphibeans, Bugs, Fish and more!
- Animal Barn – Indoors, one-way system. Meerkats, Pigs, Guinea Pigs, Goats, Ferrets, Rats, Chicks, etc.
- Farm Park – Outdoors, acres of space. Horses, Donkey, Sheep, Exotic Birds, Mixed Aviaries, Pygmy Goats, Pond Birds, Ferrets, etc.
- Enchanted Forest – Outdoors, acres of space, surrounded by a living fence. Young forest with winding paths, Dinosaurs, Giant Gnomes, Bunnies, Rabbits, etc.
- Toilets – Toilets are open. We have 3 different sets of toilets across the farm so you’re never too far away. They’re cleaned regularly and there’s sanitising sprays for your use and peace of mind.
Here at Wynford Farm Park we’ve been working hard to put measures in place in all areas of the Farm Park, and “WE’RE GOOD TO GO!”.
We’re helping to define the standard for the Farm Attraction industry as part of the National Farm Attractions Network, which strives for excellence in hygiene and the best possible visitor experience, long before COVID-19.
Here are some bits of information we’d like you to know before you visit:
Before arriving at the Farm
- Check local restrictions in your area.
- BRING A MASK OR FACE COVERING. A face covering is mandatory in all indoor areas.
- BOOK ONLINE! Book online for the best prices, spaces are limited Book HERE
- Our Opening Times have changed. We are aiming to OPEN Thursday-Sunday (10am-5pm), this will be increased when viable.
- Make sure you have directions. We have a limited team so at busy times may not be able to answer phones.
- Come prepared for Scottish weather – Wellies and a waterproof layer are always a good idea in Scotland!
When you arrive
- Please put on your face covering. You will be required to wear a face covering whenever you are “under a roof” at Wynford.
- Have your Booking ready
- Wrist Bands on – This will be given to you at the front desk and MUST BE WORN, no exceptions (children under 3 may have theirs worn by their guardian).
When you’re in the Park
- Follow social distancing. 2m distance is still the recommended
- Animal Feed Bags. Animal Feed Bags are available from the Animal Barn! Feed for the Deer, Sheep & Goats, and Pigs are available for £1 each from the Vending Machine (the machine accepts coins only).
- Be mindful of others. Right now guidance, requirements, and laws are changing at a pace that is hard to keep up with, particularly with local lockdowns and different laws between countries. For everyone, please be kind, be safe, be patient.
- Toilets – All toilets are open with extra cleaning taking place. Toilets are checked and cleaned regularly.
- HAVE FUN!
The Café is OPEN!
- The Café is open 10am-4pm (last orders for food at 3pm) serving our full hot & cold food menu.
- All food is served in takeaway boxes. All disposables used are fully compostable & biodegradable, and we have committed to using as little plastic as possible. In these trying times we will continue to do what we can for the safety of our customers, our team, and for the environment.
- You will be given a Pager to tell you when your food is ready. When your Pager sounds, please be ready or head to the collection point in the Café as quickly as possible.
- Please place all rubbish in the bins provided.
When leaving the park
- Wash your hands before you go! You know the drill! (“Happy birthday to…”)
- If you require re-entry (i.e. you were fetching jackets and wellies from the car), please head back to the Entrance Desk (if there is a queue, please join the queue. There is no queue jump facility) and show them your wristband to be granted re-entry.
- Had fun today? We would really appreciate a review on Google and TripAdvisor, and why not tag us in your pictures on Facebook and Instagram?
And of course…
COME BACK SOON!
We are so excited to be back and we can’t wait to welcome you!
UPDATE 6TH AUGUST 2020 – LOCAL RESTRICTIONS ABERDEEN CITY
We have been in touch with the council following the recent announcement that there is to be increased lockdown measures locally for Aberdeen City, and they have confirmed that we are fully compliant and able to remain open, including offering takeaway food.
We’ve got ACRES of space and there’s still fun for everyone
We will remain open unless circumstances change
– If you have a ticket with us, it is still valid
– If we close in future, affected tickets will be refunded automatically
We want to reassure our visitors that as always, we take these measures seriously. From long before lockdown, Wynford has helped the National Farm Attractions Network(NFAN) to set the standard for safety and hygiene at farm visitor attractions (pre and post covid-19), and this same standard has been adopted by council authorities when inspecting Farm Parks. We will continue to work with our amazing team, the council and NFAN to make the best decisions for the safety of our visitors, our team, and our animals.
As always, stay safe
Wynford Farm Park Team
UPDATE 9TH AUGUST 2020 – FACE COVERINGS NOW MANDATORY
Per Scottish Government announcements on Saturday 8th August, Face Coverings are now mandatory in all indoor settings.
This is now a requirement of the Scottish Government and will be enforced on site. If you have a medical condition that would exempt you from wearing a face covering, we advise that you avoid all indoor areas at Wynford Farm Park, as it is an increased risk to you and others. This includes the Café, Wee Beasties Shed, Animal Barn, and anywhere “under a roof” at the farm.
UPDATE 28TH AUGUST 2020 – RESTRICTIONS RELAXED & CAFÉ OPEN WITH SEATING
Following the recent announcements that the localised lockdown for Aberdeen City has been lifted we are now able to offer seating in the Café again 🙂
As before, all tables are physically distanced in line with guidance and one way systems apply. Please wear a face covering when not at your table. Food is being served in compostable takeaway boxes and customers are asked to collect their food when ready to absolutely minimise touch points (you will have a pager to tell you when your meal is ready).
This week we undertook a major deep clean and thorough risk assessment update of all indoor play areas so that we are ready when we are given the go ahead by the Scottish Government. The latest update on this was the 29th of July, giving an indicative date of the 14th of September. English indoor play has reopened but only two days warning was given, so we’ve got ourselves ready early, with new processes in place and increased cleaning (including fogger disinfectant designed for large rooms).